Now that summer is officially here, we are all hoping for long balmy evenings when we can spend more time outdoors. But it’s also a timely reminder that children love to explore!
Try to get to know the different hazards in your garden, garage and garden shed:
- Keep toxic substances like herbicides, insecticides, drain cleaners, motor products, BBQ lighter fuels safely stored out of reach and out of sight.
- Do not mix garden chemicals or pour them into different bottles. Never remove the labels.
- Teach your children that some plants may not be safe to touch or eat.
Low Toxicity Substances
These substances are considered to be low toxicity when ingested. They may cause irritation to the mouth or mild gastrointestinal upset but other features are unlikely. Medical treatment is usually not required but you should consult your GP or local Emergency Department if:
- a large amount has been taken
- persisting or worrying symptoms are present
- a deliberate overdose has been taken, regardless of the amount taken.
(Antirrhinum majus)Spider Plant
Star Gazer Lily